etsy mini

Monday 8 February 2021

Catching Up

 It's been a very long time since I've written the blog so I thought we should do some catching up before getting down to business.

The first thing that happened was my youngest daughter got married !

Her husband is lovely and we really feel that we've gained a son. 

Next my husband and I decided that we were getting too old and creaky for smallholding and we were rattling around the farmhouse. Time to down size. We have only moved about 5 miles but have left the hills and now live on the edge of a village just a mile from the sea. I do miss smallholding but it's nice to be able to walk to the beach and post office plus have really nice neighbours. These are our nearest neighbours.


As always in a new home, there was lots to do. Particularly in the garden . One of the exciting things that I am doing is planting a dye garden. Last year I made an 'eco jumper'. We were in lockdown but I managed to obtain some very nice fleece from a smallholder in the village where we used to live (socially distanced of course ). I then dyed the fleece with plants either from my garden or collected on daily walks. Next in the process was spinning the fleece which took ages. When I had finally spun around 700 grams of fibre I made a crochet jumper. All I had to buy from outside the area was a small packet of alum for mordanting the fibre. 


Lovely soft colours offset by the bright orange which came from dyers coreopsis. 

This is the finished sweater.


 I have still been working and you will find lots of felts in my etsy shop. To have a browse click on the etsy banner at the top of the page. I also have some new products but I will tell you about those next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment