etsy mini

Monday 29 July 2013

Stitched felt paintings

I have been playing around with more stitching on my felts and decided to go for it and make the stitch a central focus on a felt. This is what I did.
I made a wet felted landscape with the silhouette of a rooster in the foreground. I made the silhouette in a vaguly chickeny sort colour because I guessed some of it would show through the stitching.
I began to add free machine stitching to the tail area. I started with blues and greens.
I kept adding suitable colours and building up the stitches to blend in different areas. This takes a LOT of time and thread - be warned.
When the rooster was finally complete I added a little stitching to the rest of the piece to define areas and add detail.
If you want to see more pictures of this go to my etsy shop by clicking on the etsy mini at the top of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment